A SHORT INTRODUCTION OF THE PROJECT
The idea for the Educational and volunteering center was founded based on analysis of global problematic in the area of education of children, women and men in The Gambia. We have been working with schools and communities since 2012. Being a Gambian owned humanitarian organization helped us in different areas therefore we can now spread detailed idea of what is needed in The Gambia to the world. In collaboration with partners, the project is feasible in a period of less than three years.
The main incentive for cooperation is uniting our strengths, knowledge and experience. We believe that cooperation should base on student projects where theory can turn into practice in many fields under the supervision of mentors and specialists. It is of vital importance for young people when they will be job-seeking and acquiring additional knowledge required by employers. Students from different countries of the European Union will be included in the international „from plan to object“ project, while they will also be helping people, locals, who would not be able to afford an architect/contractor/project otherwise.
Exchange of knowledge plays an important role alongside carrying out the project or better yet passing the knowledge to the inhabitants and students in the Gambia. Many plans are “drawn” at the faculty and always remain on paper, which is why professors and students wish that some of those objects would actually be built, especially those that can change the lives of children and the entire local community.
The students acquire a lot of experience, when they are helping. A project like this also has added value – helping others, learning solidarity, changing the way we relate to others, diminishing stereotypes, enhancing tolerance among youth, knowledge exchange with locals, etc.
Our short-term goals are focused on international collaboration with European universities and their students, on the exchange of knowledge and information between the local and EU students, practical training of the local population, encouraging collaboration and exchange between youth, informal learning, recognizing the importance of youth work that is based on the concept of sustainable development and awareness of the relationship to entrepreneurship, environment and volunteering. The implementation of the project will also reach arrangements of center rooms and a point that will represent the heart of operation on a local and international scale.
Our long-term goals are focused on profound changes in terms of sustainable development. The aim of the project is to:
– significantly raise the percentage of literacy in the country;
– provide basic and vocational education;
– grant capacities for the implementation of projects for children from socially endangered families, volunteers, women and other educational programs;
– offer living quarters, which will provide all users with possibilities of implementing youth, volunteer and other educational workshops lasting for several days or even months;
– create quality infrastructural conditions – adequate size and furnishing of spaces for performance of different activities that will allow further development and uninterrupted functioning;
– develop local tourism in connection with volunteer work,
– encourage informal learning;
– personnel development inside the center, kindergarten, women project and other educational programs;
– contribute to increasing employment potential;
– assure constant presence of volunteers from around the world that is based on international exchange of knowledge and experience and contributes to faster development of ideas and implementation of the educational program;
– eliminate prejudice and stereotypes;
– encourage users to become people with a heart, courage, empathy, solidarity and tolerance;
– familiarize users with different cultures and religions, because this can reduce violence among youth for being different, while also establishing international relations and making new friends , which can contribute to a better future.
Join our team and help us to build better future for children, women and men of The Gambia.
Do you want to DONATE? Here are the details:
CHARITY PEARL – THE GAMBIA
HUMANITARIAN CHILDREN ORGANIZATION
P..O BOX 2902
THE GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA
Gambia office: +220 393 9748, +220 733 9747
Europe office: +386 70 246 031
GHANA INTERNATIONAL BANK LONDON
67 CHEAPSIDE, 1ST FLOOR, REGINA HOUSE1
LONDON EC2 6AZ UK, TRUST BANK LIMITED
ACCOUNT NO: 112-26289801